Our mission at The Institute for Natural Healing is to provide cutting-edge health information. Nothing on this site should be interpreted as personal medical advice. Always consult with your doctor before making any changes regarding your health.

View Post

7 Surprising Places Germs Lurk

In All Health Watch, Coronavirus, Featured Article, General Health by INH Research0 Comments

The pandemic has made us all more worried about germs.

Most of us know the basics…

We should be wary of touching things like shopping cart handles, door knobs, ATM buttons, gas pump handles, and surfaces in public bathrooms.

But studies have found that germs can lurk in unlikely spots…places we might never think would hold cold, flu. or COVID-19 viruses.

Read More
View Post

Beware of the “July Effect”

In All Health Watch, Featured Article, General Health, Health Warning by INH Research0 Comments

Only about 11% of surgeries are considered “emergencies” that have to be performed immediately. With the other 89%, there is some flexibility on when they can be scheduled.[1]

But if you are considering having a procedure in July, perhaps you should reconsider.

It’s because of something researchers have dubbed the “July Effect.”[2]

July is the month medical residents fresh out of med school typically start their new jobs.

Read More
View Post

Taking Blood Thinners? You Need to Read This

In All Health Watch, Featured Article, Heart and Cardiovascular by INH Research0 Comments

Blood-thinning drugs are supposed to prevent strokes. That’s the main reason millions of Americans who suffer from atrial fibrillation take them.

These anticoagulant medications include warfarin, apixaban, dabigatran, and rivaroxaban.[i]

An alarming study shows that in some people these drugs actually increase the chances of having a stroke.

Researchers from the University College London and the University of Surrey studied 4,848 people over 65 with atrial fibrillation.

Read More
View Post

The Hidden Reason You’re Putting on Weight

In All Health Watch, Diet and Nutrition, Featured Article, Weight Loss by INH Research0 Comments

You may figure that weight gain is an inevitable part of aging. But a major study has discovered that there may be a hidden culprit behind mid-life body fat.

And it has nothing to do with getting older.

Researchers at Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle followed the eating and drinking of habits of more than 49,000 post-menopausal women for five years.

Read More
View Post

Cardio or Strength? One Exercise Gives You the Best of Both

In All Health Watch, Featured Article, Fitness and Exercise by INH Research0 Comments

When you go to the gym, you face a choice…

Should you do an aerobic workout?

Or strength exercises?

Or maybe a little of both?

Studies show they each have important and specific health benefits.

Aerobic exercise is good for your heart and lungs. It lowers blood pressure, improves immunity and blood lipids, and it promotes vascular health.[1]

Strength training builds stronger bones and muscles.

Read More