It’s scary what people will do to hide their age. They go under the knife or use expensive, toxic cosmetics that don’t work. They even poison themselves.
We’re talking of course about Botox, a concentrated form of poison. It temporarily paralyzes the muscles under the skin. This makes wrinkles appear less dramatic.
But Botox is only a temporary fix that wears off… And it comes with risks, too.
Some risks are just cosmetic, such as drooping eyelids. But there are some pretty dangerous side effects. People can experience shortness of breath, muscle weakness, vision problems, and even loss of bladder control as a result of Botox injections.1
If you want to have smooth and supple skin, these 5 solutions are safe, natural alternatives to Botox. And they don’t wear off.
1. Avoid Sugar: The more sugar you eat, the older you’ll look. This happens through a process known as glycation. Glycation occurs when sugars bind to proteins and fats in the body. This damages sensitive protein fibers like elastin and collagen. And it’s a major reason for signs of advanced aging among people with diabetes.2 If you want to look younger and protect your skin, stay away from breads, candy, and hidden sugars in processed foods.
2. Embrace Aloe Vera: No, not the green goo that you put on sunburns. The real stuff works much better. Get yourself an Aloe Vera plant and squeeze the gel from a leaf. The gel is a natural moisturizer. Even better, the natural antioxidants in the gel will help eliminate free radicals that can cause crow’s feet in the first place.3 Keep it wrapped in the refrigerator. The cooling effect will freshen your eyes.
3. Pine Bark Extract: This is one of nature’s best-kept secrets. Pine bark extract—also known as pycnogenol—can increase skin elasticity and hydration by up to twenty-five percent in only twelve weeks.4 Pine bark extract raises your levels of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid provides moisture and keeps the skin firm. Firm skin means fewer wrinkles.
4. Resveratrol: Raise your glass to younger looking skin. Naturally occurring resveratrol, found in red wine and berries, activates SIRIT1 production in the body. This creates sirtuins in the body that help slow cell aging.5 Slowing cell aging is one of the keys to reversing physical signs of aging. You probably won’t get enough from wine to make a difference (sorry). We suggest supplementing.
5. Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals. This keeps cells functioning properly and reduces cell damage. But vitamin E goes a step further by boosting collagen production in the body.6 Collagen keeps the skin supple and firm, which keeps you looking young. Vitamin E is easy to find naturally in nuts, eggs, and avocados.
Botox injections are temporary. And they’re dangerous. You don’t have to get jabbed with needles to have younger-looking skin. Start with these five natural anti-aging solutions and you’ll keep people guessing your age.