For decades, mainstream doctors told us we should avoid eggs. They warned that the cholesterol in eggs would clog our arteries, which could trigger a heart attack.
Researchers have now discovered this is nonsense.
Eggs are a rich source of bioactive compounds that have a wide range of beneficial effects on health. And it turns out that dietary cholesterol does not clog arteries.
Now, new research shows that eggs may prevent and treat type 2 diabetes.
The study was conducted at the University of Finland.
The scientists took blood from 239 subjects over a 19-year span. And they did a detailed analysis of the samples.
Subjects who ate at least an egg a day were more likely to stay diabetes-free than those who ate fewer. And their blood markers were healthier overall.
An Egg a Day Keeps the Doctor Away
In addition to warding off type 2 diabetes, other research shows that eggs contribute to:
- Heart Health. Each egg contains about 7 grams of high-quality protein. Protein promotes heart health and lowers blood pressure.
- Better Brain Function. Choline plays a key role in your brain cells communicating with each other. One large egg gives you 250 mg of this brain-boosting nutrient. That’s more than half the recommended daily intake.
- Cancer Prevention. Omega-3 fatty acids prevent the growth of cancer cells. A single egg contains about 450 mg of omega-3 fatty acids, half of what we recommend you consume daily.
- Lower Inflammation. Eggs are high in selenium. This mineral prevents inflammation and lowers your risk of insulin resistance.
- Eye Health. Eggs contain vitamin B12, lutein, and zeaxanthin. These nutrients protect your eyes and reduce your risk of macular degeneration by at least 25%. It’s the leading cause of blindness among seniors.
So ignore the wrongheaded warnings of conventional doctors. Eat eggs regularly. But choose the right kind.
To optimize the health benefits, buy organic eggs from pasture-raised, free-roaming chickens. Factory-farmed eggs can contain pesticides and other harmful chemicals.
Editor’s Note: Discover the seed that lowers fasting glucose levels by up to 40%… The ancient Turkish secret for preventing diabetes… And the delicious treat that controls blood sugar—and can help take an inch off your waist. Get all the details HERE.