You probably wouldn’t think of eating these five foods to add a little heat in the bedroom. They may even seem a little…well…boring. But eat up. Because they’ll boost your libido and enhance your performance.
|Ladies…it’s official. Men like red. Science backs it up. Researchers at the University of Rochester found that men viewed women in front of red backgrounds as more attractive. But not just simply more attractive. More “sexually” attractive. If you want to get his attention, wear the red dress. And don’t forget the lipstick.|
1. Celery – Talk about boring. But not so fast…It may not seem like a food to get you going in the bedroom but celery is packed with libido-enhancing pheromones. Each crunchy stalk contains androstenone and androstenol—two pheromones that help attract women.1 And the way it works is a tad sneaky. You eat the celery…and the pheromones release into your mouth, creating odor molecules. Those then travel back up to your nose. This arouses you and causes your body to send off scents and signals that make you desirable. Who knew celery could be a man’s best cologne?
2. Flaxseeds – These little seeds are loaded with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Omegas are the building blocks of sex hormones. A lack of fatty acids can decrease hormone levels and kill your sex drive. Eating just one tablespoon of flaxseed a day helps raise your testosterone levels.2 Flaxseeds also contain a plant compound called lignan. Lignans are helpful in maintaining a healthy ratio between testosterone and androgen hormones. Grind them up and add them to smoothies, soups, or yogurt.
3. Garlic – Ahh, the “stinking rose.” It’s perhaps the last thing you want to eat before getting up close and personal. But take heed. Its high concentration of the compound allicin helps increase blood flow to sexual organs. “Better blood flow to the genitals creates greater arousal for men and women,” Men’s Health reports.3 But don’t expect to be a dynamo after one garlicky dinner. It doesn’t happen overnight. So you want to include garlic as a regular player in your menu. Raw garlic is best. That pungent heat is what stirs your libido.
4. Bananas – Feeling a little anxious about your performance? Bananas will increase your serotonin levels to relax your nervous system and calm you down. A banana is also a great pre-sex snack. It’s a healthy fuel source that contains potassium which increases muscle strength, an element vital to orgasm. Bananas also contain B vitamins, which convert carbohydrates into energy and increase testosterone levels.4
5. Asparagus – High in B vitamins, asparagus increases the levels of the neurotransmitter histamine that helps facilitate orgasm.5 It’s also a rich source of folate. This nutrient helps promote healthy levels of nitric oxide. High, healthy levels of nitric oxide will help you keep and maintain harder and longer erections. The spiky crown of the vegetable contains protodioscin, a chemical that helps improve sexual function. Protodioscin boosts arousal and keeps you sexually energized.
And if you really want to have the kind of knock-your-socks-off sex you’ve been craving for years, go even further with these must-have nutrients for lasting erections and greater physical endurance. Our researchers recently unveiled one formula that combines four natural compounds—at exactly the right doses—in one sex-enhancing supplement. Find out more HERE.