For decades, scientists have been trying to solve a medical mystery…
Why are people with diabetes prone to getting cancer?
Diabetics are 2 ½ times more likely to get some kinds of cancer. They include breast, kidney, ovarian, and others.
Now, a new study has discovered why.
In research presented at the American Chemical Society, scientists looked at how high blood sugar affects DNA.
They compared the DNA of diabetic and non-diabetic mice. They discovered that high blood sugar had damaged DNA in diabetic mice. This meant the animals’ genes were more likely to undergo mutations that trigger cancer.
Normally, cells have the ability to repair DNA mutations before they result in cancer. But the researchers found that high blood sugar interferes with cells’ ability to self-repair. This means that cancer can grow and spread unchallenged.
Dr. John Termini presented the findings. He said they clearly show that diabetes causes genetic damage that can lead to cancer. And because more people are becoming diabetic, “the cancer rate will likely increase as well.”
5 Safe, Natural Blood Sugar Solutions
Metformin is the most commonly prescribed diabetes medication. It’s safe and effective. It can reduce blood sugar by 25%. And the research team says it stimulates DNA repair.
Other studies have found that metformin reduces cancer risk in diabetics by up to 62%.
But there are ways to lower your blood sugar levels without drugs. Weight loss and exercise are two proven diabetes solutions. Certain foods and supplements are also effective:
- Okra: The seeds are rich in alpha-glucosidase inhibitors. They stop starches from converting to sugar in your bloodstream.
- Garlic: It has the same effect on blood sugar as metformin for some people. You’ll get the most benefit from eating raw garlic. You can also take a natural garlic extract supplement.
- Walnuts: One study found that eating walnuts lowered subjects’ diabetes risk by 24%. Don’t discard the waxy outer skin. That’s where most of the antioxidants are.
- Coffee: A recent study found that people who cut their coffee intake by one cup or more a day were at 17% greater risk for type 2 diabetes. But people who increased their coffee consumption by one or more cups each day lowered their risk by 11%.
- Vitamin D: University of California researchers found that people with high levels of vitamin D lowered their risk of type 2 diabetes by 80%. The study found that those with a daily intake of 5,000 IUs of vitamin D had the most protection. Make sure you opt for the D3 form. It is more easily absorbed than D2.
If you have high blood sugar, it’s important that you take steps now to get it under control.
Editor’s Note: Learn how you can reverse diabetes in as little as 12 weeks.
No expensive pills, grueling exercise, or needle-jabbing insulin treatments required. Go HERE now to discover all the details.
Reverse Your Diabetes in 3 Months Without Drugs
Every Cancer Patient Should Take This Supplement
Like this Article? Forward this article here or Share on Facebook.