They’re spreading at an alarming rate… And it has the World Health Organization (WHO) scared. They say that even common infections may soon be able to kill us.1 Luckily there are simple, natural solutions for fighting outside threats to your body… Even those scary “superbugs.” But they’re not like prescription drugs. These won’t kill the good bacteria in your body.
Here are five natural alternatives to antibiotics.
1. Coconut Oil: It’s full of powerful medium chain triglycerides (MCTs). The most impressive MCT is lauric acid. It has the ability to kill harmful bacteria like H. pylori.2 Research shows it’s also effective at fighting C. difficile—a strain of antibiotic-resistant bacteria and one of the leading causes of diarrhea in hospitals worldwide.3 Try eating a small spoonful of coconut oil with breakfast. You can also add it to a salad to support your immune system and keep bacteria at bay.
2. Olive Leaf Extract: This helps defend against a wide variety of viruses and bacteria. And it can do things that most prescription drugs can’t. It can even cut off the amino acid supply to viruses. This helps keep them from spreading.4 One study found that exposing E. coli to just a 6% olive leaf extract completely destroyed it. You can find natural olive leaf extract supplements in most health food stores and online.
3. Andrographis: Some call it the “king of bitters.” Indian folk medicine has used this bitter herb for hundreds of years to treat digestive problems. It’s even an antidote to scorpion venom. Andrographis extract helps fight influenza and upper-respiratory infections.5 Its potent antibacterial properties provide protection against most pathogens.6 This kills harmful germs… But it also may help reduce your symptoms and leave good germs unharmed.
You can find andrographis extract pills in some health stores. It’s also widely available online.
4. Pau D’Arco: Natural healers have used the bark of this South American tree to treat fever and inflammation since 1873. Pau d’arco is rich in lapachol and beta-lapachone. They’re two compounds with antiviral and antibacterial properties. Even drug-resistant infections can’t stand up to them.7 You can find this supplement in health stores and online but beware: If it doesn’t explicitly come from the inner bark, it may be a waste of money.
5. Garlic: It’s one of the best foods you can keep on hand… And not because of the flavor it adds to your meals. Garlic kills bacteria and fights disease. Russian soldiers used it as a natural antibiotic during World War II after running out of penicillin.8 Recent research found that it may even help protect against the common cold.9 But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Allicin—a powerful compound in garlic—can fight the “superbugs” that prescription drugs can’t. These include VRE and MRSA.10
Forget the antibiotics. You don’t need to rely on a prescription. These natural tools will help you defend against bacterial and viral infections. These solutions will also support your immune system and keep the good bugs alive. They may even save your life if you ever face a “superbug.”
Like this Article? Forward this article here or Share on Facebook.