These 5 Diet “Fixes” Help Prevent Memory Loss
1. Limit Carbohydrates: According to a study by the Mayo Clinic, a high carbohydrate diet nearly quadruples your risk for AD.
Here’s why… Your brain uses glucose as fuel. But flooding it with too much sugar will cause it become insulin-resistant. That causes it to starve. That’s why researchers are now calling Alzheimer’s disease “type 3 diabetes.” You should get most of your carbohydrates from vegetables and some whole fruit.
2. Increase Vitamin D3: One study shows people over 65 with a moderate vitamin D3 deficiency have a 42% higher risk of mental decline.
Even scarier… People with severe vitamin D3 deficiencies have a whopping 394% higher risk. You’ll get this vital nutrient in eggs, oily fish, and mushrooms. And of course from sunshine. But because most people are deficient in vitamin D3, this is one that’s good to supplement. Just make sure it’s vitamin D3. Other versions of vitamin D don’t easily absorb.
3. Drink Apple Juice: One study shows that it only takes two glasses of water mixed with apple juice concentrate a day to stop the production of beta-amyloid. Beta-amyloid is a protein responsible for the formation of the plaque found in the brains of patients suffering from AD.
The more you do to lower beta-amyloid production, the less plaque develops in the brain. But don’t rely on store bought apple juice… It’s full of sugar and preservatives. Instead, juice your own organic, green apples. Make sure to buy organic when possible and you’ll stay ahead of the curve.
4. Eat More Choline: Choline is an essential nutrient responsible for producing acetylcholine. Acetylcholine in a neurotransmitter that aids in memory, muscle control, and brain function. Why is this important? Loss of acetylcholine may actually lead to AD. While you can choose to supplement choline for improved cognitive function, you can also get it from fresh egg yolks, beef, and pork.
5. Embrace Healthy Fats: One study shows that it only takes one additional gram of omega-3 fatty acids per week to decrease beta-amyloid production by up to 30%.
The medium chain triglycerides (MCT) found in coconut oil can fuel your brain with ketones instead of carbohydrates. Ketones help your brain stay sharp without having to depend on glucose for energy. Best of all, coconut oil is shown to slow and even reverse signs of AD. You can also find flavorless MCT oil online.
“Alzheimer’s is untreatable.” That’s what they tell you. But you shouldn’t buy it.
Ever since 1948, the mainstream has known how an Asian herb can repair memory and treat Alzheimer’s. The only problem was—it was scarce and difficult to obtain. Now a Yale chemistry researcher has found a way to reproduce it naturally. He published his research in the Chemical Science journal. And he’s on a mission to get it out to those who need it. No wonder….
This little known “memory miracle” is blowing researchers away. It blocks the loss of the brain chemical responsible for thinking, reasoning, memories, mood, and behavior. Bottom line? This could finally be a real solution to Alzheimer’s—even scientists agree. One said “It is as if this natural substance were ingeniously designed to fit into the exact spot in [the brain] where it will do the most good.”
It was 348% MORE effective than the placebo in one study. Compare that to Exelon, a popular Alzheimer’s drug. Exelon showed very little difference over a placebo. And yet it’s prescribed and sold….No wonder Big Pharma is scrambling to get their hands on this natural solution.
Luckily, you don’t have to wait for Big Pharma’s expensive, fake version with who-knows-what kind of side effects. You can get a bottle at the store today for just pennies a day. It’s not only effective, but safe.
If you know someone suffering from memory problems…or just want to help save yours as you get older…please go here now.