Most of us know that the overuse of antibiotics has caused the rise of deadly drug-resistant “superbugs.”
Thanks to doctors handing out antibiotics like candy, these powerful germs now kill 23,000 Americans every year.
But there’s another alarming antibiotic danger that your doctor won’t tell you about. In fact, he may not even know about it. It was only recently discovered…
The study was done at Case Western Reserve University. Researchers looked at bacteria in the human mouth. They wanted to examine the effect that bacteria have on white blood cells that fight mouth infections.
The scientists were specifically interested in certain immune cells that combat fungal infections such as candida. They discovered that the bacteria that naturally live in our mouths help these immune cells do their jobs. Together, they reduce infection and inflammation.
Researchers found that antibiotics interfere with these defenses.
Candida Linked to Cancer
Professor Pushpa Pandiyan led the study. She said that along with disease-causing germs, antibiotics kill the body’s good bacteria.
“We have good bacteria doing good work every day. Why kill them (with antibiotics)?” said Professor Pandiyan. “As is the case with many infections, if you leave them alone, they will leave on their own.”
Her research shows antibiotics promote candida. Candida is one of many types of fungus that live on our bodies. In small amounts it causes no problems. But when it grows out of control, it causes thrush (a throat infection) or genital yeast infections in women.
Worse still, studies have linked candida to increased risk of cancer.
It is associated with higher chances of lip cancer, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, pancreatic cancer, skin cancer, and thyroid cancer, among others.
Unless you have a potentially life-threatening infection, avoid antibiotics. Instead, head off common bacterial infections with these natural immune boosters…
5 Natural, Safe Antibiotic Alternatives
- Goldenseal: This plant is native to the American Northwest. Supplements help treat sore throats and digestive infections.
- Manuka honey: It’s made by bees in New Zealand and Australia. It comes from the nectar of the Manuka tree. Place a dab of it on cuts to stop them from getting infected.
- Oregon grape: When used as a tea, it is effective against urinary tract and digestive infections.
- Garlic: The pungent bulb has been used as a medicine for thousands of years. Modern research confirms it works against common earaches, pneumonia, MRSA, the flu, and candida. Take garlic supplements to help fight these infections or as a preventive measure.
- Echinacea: Traditionally, echinacea was used to treat diphtheria, blood poisoning, and other bacterial diseases. Today it’s mostly used to fight viral infections such as colds and flu. It is effective against MRSA.
One more thing…
If you must take an antibiotic for a serious bacterial infection, be sure to use a quality probiotic supplement afterward. It will help restore your body’s natural, healthy microbiome.
Editor’s Note: Unlike much of the mainstream media, we don’t accept advertising from Big Pharma. That’s why you can count on us for unbiased medical information. Our only motivation is your good health.
Subscribe to our newsletter, Independent Healing. Each month it brings you important health news you won’t find anywhere else. To subscribe, go HERE.
References: https://www.nbcnews.com/healthmain/23-000-killed-superbugs-us-each-year-cdc-says-8C11167661  https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2018-09/cwru-sad092518.php  https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/what-is-candidiasis-yeast-infection#1  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5609943/  https://www.healthline.com/health/natural-antibiotics#takeaway  https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321108#seven-best-natural-antibiotics