If you already have arthritis you know it all too well…
Not being able to bend over and pick up the keys you dropped or give your grandson a hug… Calling someone to the kitchen to open the jar of pasta sauce for you… Putting off that trip because you don’t think you’ll be able to walk very far…
But worst of all? The excruciating pain.
And if that’s not bad enough, prescription drugs offer little help—with terrifying side effects. How do you feel about potential seizures…bleeding from your rectum…lung infections…extreme fatigue…impotence…heart failure? Not good? Neither do we.
That’s why today we’re bringing you five all-natural, all-safe alternatives to ease your suffering.
1. Cruciferous Vegetables: A compound in these veggies can help prevent osteoarthritis. It’s called sulforaphane. And it actually preserves joint cartilage.1
In one study, a higher intake of these vegetables resulted in an over 35 percent lower risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis.2
Some of your best choices are broccoli, cauliflower, and kale.
2. Vitamin D3: You probably already know that Vitamin D3 is essential to maintaining strong bones. But it’s just as effective at protecting you from arthritis. An increase in rheumatoid arthritis pain is linked to lower levels of D3 in the blood.3
The same study that stresses the importance of cruciferous vegetables in preventing arthritis also finds that women with a greater intake of this vitamin lower risk by about 30 percent.4 If you’re looking to add more D3 to your diet, eat more mushrooms, eggs, and cold water fish.
3. Devil’s claw: It might sound scary. But the side effects are downright soothing. This herb fights pain and inflammation. And it is particularly effective at preventing arthritis pain.
One study found that devil’s claw was just as effective as a popular prescription drug. But with one key difference… The people taking devil’s claw did not experience as many side effects or require as many pain relievers.5
Around 700 mg is enough to help prevent pain. You can get devil’s claw as a supplement or use the root to brew tea.
4. Krill oil: Getting enough omega-3s in your diet can reduce your chances of developing arthritis over time. And krill oil is your best bet. Here’s why…
Three hundred mg of krill oil can reduce inflammation by nearly 20 percent in only a week.6 But this oil not only reduces inflammation, it also lowers overall arthritis pain by about 24 percent.
You can find krill oil in just about any drug store. Be we always recommend you buy it from a health food store. And be sure to get it from a quality source that also contains this next natural solution.
5. Astaxanthin: This is 65 times stronger than vitamin C when it comes to getting rid of the free radicals in your body that can cause inflammation.
Bottom line? If you want to avoid arthritis of any kind, these five solutions can help. And if you already have it…they can ease you pain.