Viagra is the best-selling drug of all time.
Those little blue pills give literally millions of men the chance to enjoy a full sex life. But there’s one snag: the longer you use these potency pills, the less of a punch they pack. As their effect dwindles over time, some men give up on them altogether.
But that doesn’t have to be the end of your sex life. There are tried-and-tested options that can rev up your sex drive. Options that are often ancient in origin… and backed up by modern science. Solutions that are natural and effective… and can give you back a healthy, youthful sex life.
A Big Problem for 50 Percent of Men
The National Institutes of Health defines erectile dysfunction (ED) as a man’s inability “to achieve or maintain erections sufficient for satisfactory sex.”
It’s a much bigger problem than we think. According to the Massachusetts Male Aging Study, over 50 percent of American men – between the ages of 40 and 70 – have ED. . And it’s estimated that this number will double in the next 25 years.
For millions of men, it’s a hugely stressful problem… and a potent reminder that they’re getting older. Pills like Viagra help them fight that problem. It allows them to enjoy sex well into their 70’s. But over 50 percent of men stop using them after a couple of years because they stop working.
That’s not because they don’t work to begin with. For many men they work great – at first. But over time your body develops a natural response mechanism that works againstthem.
It’s similar to using antibiotics to fight bacteria: over time the same dosage yields fewer benefits. Your body simply builds up a resistance to Viagra, just like it would any other drug.
Ancient Alternatives to Boost Your Performance
Just because Viagra loses its potency doesn’t mean you have to. You can still enjoy a full sex life. It just means looking for other safe, natural solutions to boost your sex drive. And the good news is that there are many doctors – and plenty of science – that support these solutions.
Can natural herbs give you back the libido you had when you were a teenager?
“The answer is a resounding yes,” says Dr. Ray Sahelian. “And it can happen within days. There are [many] natural herbs that work effectively.”
Dr. Sahelian should know. During his career he’s written several books on sexual health and spoken about it on CNN and NBC Nightly News.
He and his staff have spent years testing dozens of natural herbs. His first-hand clinical research has shown him that 80 percent of those who use the libido-boosting herbs he recommends enjoy major sexual benefits within a week.
“Most doctors are not aware of the alternatives to Viagra,” says Dr. Sahelian. “There are [many] herbs that enhance sexuality in men. You [just] have to learn how to use them effectively.”
Ancient Herbs Offer Safe Solutions
“For hundreds of years, civilizations around the world have known about locally grown herbs that increase libido without side effects,” Dr. Sahelian says.
One reason why herbs don’t get equal billing with drugs is because they work differently. They don’t have the instant effect of drugs.
“If we don’t notice an effect within an hour or two we think it is a dud,” says Dr. Sahelian. “Most aphrodisiac herbs take a few days.”
However, he says that men who stick with them enjoy more benefits. They don’t have the problems of drugs and offer more comprehensive rewards.
“Although Viagra works well for ED, it has little effect on libido and no benefit regarding genital sensation,” he says. “Most people prefer the overall [benefits] that come from herbs.”
Dr. Sahelian’s patients enjoy increased sensation, libido, intensity of orgasms, and erections.
Try This Super-Potent Sex-Boosting Cocktail
Dr. Sahelian says you should take these herbs half an hour before breakfast. This allows for better absorption. Also, you shouldn’t take them every day. Instead, take them every other day… or two days on and two days off.
“You will likely notice the benefits even on the days you are not taking them,” he says. “There is often a delayed response.”
Dr. Sahelian has had great clinical success with the following five natural aphrodisiacs. Each ancient solution is also backed up by modern scientific research. All work individually, but he says that using them together can create one very powerful sexual enhancing cocktail.
- Catuaba Bark: This tree is found in the Amazon forest. In Brazilian medicine, it’s used as both a mind and sex booster. Natives drank it as a tea. They claim that a couple of cups over a few days result in erotic dreams and improved sex drive. The Topi Indians have known about the benefits of catuaba for centuries. They often combined it with muira puama. Dr. Sahelian says many of his patients enjoyed increased libido with Catuaba. And even better benefits when they combined it with muira puama.
- Muira Puama: Amazonian tribes use this herb to treat sexual dysfunction and fatigue. And modern research backs this up. A clinical study was conducted in 1990 by the Institute of Sexology in Paris, France. The study took 262 patients who had reduced sexual desire. They were given 1 to 1.5 grams of muira puama each day for two weeks. At the end of the study, two-thirds enjoyed big improvements. Ten years later, they did a second study. They took 202 healthy people with low sex drive. After one month of supplements, the subjects reported increases in sexual desire and intercourse.
Patients at Dr. Sahelian’s clinic have also had great success with muira puama. He says patients enjoy increased energy. They also have “a stronger interest in sex and more frequent sexual thoughts.”
- Horny Goat Weed: This pungent herb hails from Asia. The Chinese call it Yin Yang Huo, which means “licentious goat plant.” According to legend, a herder noticed that his goats became sexually active after eating the plant. The herb is used often by Chinese doctors to promote better sex. In one study, it was give to 22 patients with chronic renal failure. During the study, they discovered the herb had an unexpected side effect: it improved sexual function. “Horny goat weed is, in fact, likely to make you horny,” says Dr. Sahelian. “Most users will notice a mild to moderate effect on the fourth day of use.”
- Ashwagandha Root: This shrub is cultivated in India and North America. The roots have been used for thousands of years by local doctors. And the ancient Kama Sutra mentions it as a sex booster. “This herb has the ability to restore sexual health and improve overall vitality,” says Dr. Sahelian. “Many people notice an effect within hours of taking a 500 mg pill.”
- Tongkat Ali: This tree is native to the jungles of Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia. Natives believe every part of the tree has medicinal qualities. The root is promoted as an energy enhancer and aphrodisiac. Dozens of studies show that this root boosts sexual health in males.
Dr. Sahelian suggests trying out each herb for a week, over the course of a month or so. This way you can get a good sense of what works best for you. After that, try combining them to create your very own super-potent sex-boosting cocktail.
About Dr. Ray Sahelian
Dr. Sahelian is a graduate of Philadelphia’s prestigious Thomas Jefferson Medical School and operates a private practice in California. He’s a medical expert of international repute and a bestselling author. He has appeared on NBC Today, NBC Nightly News, CBS This Morning, Dateline NBC, andCNN.
To your health,
Managing Editor, Natural Health Dossier “Health Watch”