The historical record shows cancer wasn’t widespread among humans until the Industrial Revolution.
The best-preserved human remains from antiquity are the mummified bodies of Egyptian rulers. Hundreds of mummies have been subjected to microscopic examination. But according to researcher Michael Zimmerman of Villanova University in Pennsylvania, only one shows any evidence of cancer.
The striking rarity of cancer in ancient remains suggests that “cancer-causing factors are limited to societies affected by modern industrialization,” says Zimmerman. “In an ancient society lacking surgical intervention, evidence of cancer should remain in all cases.”1
When Cancer Became a Killer
Zimmerman and his colleague, Rosalie David of the University of Manchester in England, combed ancient Egyptian and Greek texts for evidence of cancer. They also analyzed studies of prehistoric human and animal remains .
They found that cancer did not widely affect humans until about 300 years ago. The first reports of cancer in scientific literature came in 1700s. That’s when doctors noted scrotal tumors in chimney sweeps and nasal cancer in snuff users.
“In industrialized societies, cancer is second only to cardiovascular disease as a cause of death, but in ancient times, it was extremely rare,” says David.
“There is nothing in the natural environment that can cause cancer.”
A Man-Made Plague
The incidence of cancer keeps rising. One out of every two people born in 1960 can expect to receive a cancer diagnosis at some point in their lives. But only one in three people born in 1930 are believed to have developed cancer.2
We now come into contact with cancer-causing chemicals every day. A group of scientific and government groups recently published a list of common carcinogens.
- Atrazine, an herbicide used in farming.
- Chloroform, a water-disinfection by-product found in tap water.
- Diesel engine exhaust.
- Diethylheyxl phthalate (DEHP), a chemical that makes vinyl plastics softer and more pliable.
- Formaldehyde, a chemical used in hundreds of products, including furniture.
- It comes from paint, water pipes, and the past use of leaded gasoline.
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), long-banned industrial flame retardants that are still found in the food supply.
- Styrene, which is used to make polystyrene foam coffee cups and takeout containers.
- Perchloroethylene, a dry-cleaning solvent.
- Titanium dioxide, a colorant in paints also used as an ingredient in sunscreens.
It’s impossible to completely avoid exposure to cancer-causing chemicals. But there are simple and effective ways to protect yourself:4
- Install a water filter. A high-quality filter can remove atrazine, chloroform, formaldehyde, and many other chemicals from your water.
- Go organic. This minimizes exposure to pesticides, herbicides, artificial fertilizers, and antibiotics.
- Avoid foam products. Don’t drink coffee from foam cups or get takeout food in foam containers. This minimizes exposure to styrene.
- Skip antibacterial soaps. They often contain triclosan, which can react with chorine in drinking water to form chloroform. Regular soap is just as effective at disinfecting hands.
- Shun vinyl products. They can contain DEHP. Common offenders include shower curtains, floor tiles, products packaged in vinyl encasements (like curtains and bedding), and anything else that smells strongly of plastic.
- Don’t dry-clean. It saturates clothing with perchloroethylene. Even the most delicate fabrics can be hand-washed at home with gentle detergents.
- Buy solid wood products. Pressed-wood products and their glues and stains are the most significant sources of formaldehyde.
- Avoid sunscreen that absorbs into skin. It’s likely to contain microscopic particles of titanium dioxide, which may cause cancer as well as brain and colon damage. One sunscreen brand we recommend is Badger. Their formula is 98% organic and does not contain harmful nanoparticles.
Editor’s Note: A small group of holistic doctors were quietly discovering cancer breakthroughs. Then, when word of their effective therapies started getting out, something terrible started happening… The doctors started disappearing.
Get all the details HERE.