Relieve IBS the Easy Way With This Natural Oil

Research shows this essential oil may be the answer to relieving IBS pain once and for all.

IBS is tough to live with and tough to treat. If you have it, you know that all too well.

In severe cases, doctors may prescribe antidepressants to regulate bowel function and block pain signals.1 But if you’ve been reading Health Watch, you know where we stand on SSRIs and similar antidepressant drugs. Avoid them at all costs!

There’s a natural solution that works just as well, if not better.

It’s the oil of a familiar plant with a pleasant taste and serious scent. It’s delicate enough to use as a natural flavoring, but strong enough to treat a respiratory infection.

In one study, taking three pills a day for eight weeks cleared abdominal pain from IBS in 42% more people than a placebo.2 Another study found the oil reduced symptoms like abdominal pain, diarrhea, and constipation by 50% in most patients. It took only a month for them to see these dramatic results.3

This essential oil is widely available in drug stores and online…

It’s peppermint oil.

While not as strong as the oil, fresh peppermint tea is a great way to provide relief to occasional stomach discomfort, gas pains, and digestive issues.

Researchers believe it reduces inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract. This may help ease the abdominal pain and discomfort. But according to Dr. Stuart Brierley, it targets the cause of IBS pain by releasing a natural painkiller, TRPM8.4

There’s no prescription drug that treats the cause of IBS–just its symptoms. Of course, that means doctors often prescribe separate medications for each symptom.

But peppermint oil works to stop both the inflammation and the pain. It can even keep all IBS symptoms from returning.

Even if you don’t suffer from IBS, adding it to your supplement roster may help keep your digestive system working at its best.

Use peppermint oil to treat IBS by adding a drop or two to a glass of water. It’s also a great way to add a kick to your morning tea.

In Good Health,

Angela Salerno
Publisher, INH Health Watch

Health Topic: Diet and Nutrition | Pain Relief

1. Gail schaeffer says:

I try everything and most do very little.
    The latest was a Stem Cell product. Guess what?
    NOTHING! I would like to see what you
    have to offer. Thx

2. Wondering Woman says:

Try eliminating bleached flour products from your diet and see if your entire GI problems don’t disappear.

Do a little research to learn that peptic ulcer disease did not exist until 11 to 15 years after bleached flour hit the market. It began in the upper socioeconomic group because they were the only ones who could afford it. When it became cheap enough that the middle socioeconomic group could afford it, it became a problem there approximately the same number of years later. Then some fool in Minnesota came up with a bleaching process that made it cheap enough for everyone to afford it and again it became a problem in the lower socioeconomic group the same number of years later.

3. Del Matthews says:

Would like to have info

4. LaFaith says:

Did you know that a sprinkle of peppermint oil around the corners of your kitchen counter and other places in your home can help keep away those unwanted bugs. Give it a try in the hot summer months.

5. gruntled says:

Essential oils are very strong and oil does not mix with water. Use with caution. You are better off using whole peppermint leaves and/or berries.

6. Sheila Bliesath says:

There are many ways to use essential oils safely. I will be trying this although I do not have pain there are other issues. I have just started with doTerra, and the results I have had thus far have been very good.

I had a tenderness that I felt was shingles. Doctors cannot do anything about shingles unless there is a rash (manifests as blisters), and you must get into the office within three days of getting the rash. If there was a rash it was under the skin. So although I did not have pain (Thank you God) I had this annoying tenderness for months. After a few days of taking the Deep Blue I hadn’t any tenderness. Being interested in alternative therapies for years, I was surprised as I had never delved into the ways Essential Oils could work. I started with doTerra in November of this year, so hadn’t found the reference to peppermint oil. I am thankful to INH for sharing the information. They are so helpful with information, and not always promoting their product line! A sign of a great company and source of possible remedies for what ails us.