This Natural Extract Fights Hypertension Without Putting You at Risk

Your doctor will probably push an ACE inhibitor on you for hypertension. But this natural extract is as strong as a prescription and comes with none of the risk.

If you’re one of the 1-in-3 Americans with high blood pressure, then you know all too well… It can seem impossible to keep it under control. And forget trying to reverse it.

Sure, Big Pharma has plenty of pills that may help you regulate your blood pressure. But they could leave you with a dry cough, kidney damage, or erectile dysfunction. We’ll take a pass, thank you very much.

Especially since there are natural solutions to beat high blood pressure once and for all.

According to a new study, a natural extract from a familiar plant can help. In fact, it’s just as effective at lowering blood pressure as a prescription. And it doesn’t come with any of the dangers.

One study followed 20 pairs of identical twins with borderline high blood pressure. So they didn’t quite have hypertension. (But if they had visited a doctor, he probably would have whipped out his prescription pad anyway.)

The subjects were given either a placebo or this extract each day for two months.

The twins taking just 1 gram each day lowered their combined blood pressures by a total of 15 points in eight weeks.1 Talk about potent. But there’s more research that shows just how strong it really is…

Like olive oil, olive leaf extract contains oleuropein. It’s a powerful polyphenol that can help fight oxidative stress and inflammation.

Maybe you don’t like the taste of olive oil. Maybe it’s hard for you to find a quality, organic variety that won’t put a dent in your wallet. Olive leaf extract is a convenient and inexpensive alternative for your daily dose of oleuropein.

In fact, there’s more of it in the olive leaves than the olives themselves. That means the extract is a better source of oleuropein than olive oil.2 And research continues to show just how effective it can be.

Another study shows that 1 gram of olive leaf extract each day for eight weeks is just as powerful at lowering blood pressure as 50 mg of the popular prescription ACE inhibitor Captopril. Oh, and did we mention the side effects for that one? Swelling, fatigue, bruising, and irregular heartbeat are just the beginning. 3 It can cause kidney damage and even liver failure.4 And roughly half of Americans with hypertension use an ACE inhibitor as their only means of lowering their blood pressure.5

So this study proved a natural extract worked just as well, but with one major difference… Olive leaf extract is safe and natural. Although it does have side effects…like killing harmful bacteria, clearer skin, and regular bowel movements.6 Not exactly a hard choice to make!

In Good Health,

Angela Salerno
Publisher, INH Health Watch

Health Topic: Blood Pressure | Diet and Nutrition | Heart and Cardiovascular

1. andre avellanet says:

yes i would like to find out.

2. Sofia says:

I have hypothyroidism also what could with the blood pressure medicine.

3. Judy says:

Is there a certain brand of olive leaf extract that is best?
    Would like to purchase some from “” but wondering if
    “one is just as good as the other” or if you have a recommended brand/company from which to purchase. Thank you!

4. Gertrude "Trudy" says:

I was a “high risk” heart attack survivor senior with nerve bundle blockage, dead tissue in both left heart chambers, CHF, CAD coronary blockage, atherosclerosis, arteriosclerosis, ischemia, angina, hypertension, hyperviscosity, severe edema, 333 triglycerides with low HDL 21, LDL 37, heavy smoker, sedentary (wheelchair from DJD osteoarthritis in most joints & spine. Fit for dog food, really.
    I decided to try bromelain protein-digesting enzyme, found in raw pineapple and raw papaya and as a natural supplement from those. Bromelain is normally used as a meat tenderizer, it’s so safe.
    Using bromelain protease enzyme 500mgX3/day as my only intervention, in THREE WEEKS my hypertension fell 201/104 to 134/80, blood viscosity fell from 2.8 to 1.0; in SIX WEEKS my coronary blockage had lysed away, saving me from a scheduled bypass; my DJD arthritis and edema were so improved that I was out of my wheelchair; no more angina, ischemia, edema; the atherosclerosis and arteriosclerosis reduced so much that now I don’t have them either.
    A non-smoking mid-60s friend had a heart attack, did not improve on prescription drugs including coumadin, and quit them for bromelain & PectaSol detox pills. In TWO WEEKS his BP was 125/75 and in another 2 weeks he was able to return to work as a lumber hauler.
    My online search in 2005 yielded those things plus other things bromelain does. By 2012, those same sites had been censored of all such information. But in 2005 Wikipedia and other sources still stated that bromelain protein-digesting enzyme found in raw papaya and raw pineapple and as a supplement, was an apoptotic (cancer cell killer and it doesn’t harm normal cells); and, as a researcher reported, it was effective even for otherwise-untreatable Lewis cell lung cancer; an anti-ischemic, anti-thrombotic, anti-fibrinogen(lyses away joint fibrin and artery-clogging fibrinogen protein strands, and vascular blockages); still other sources said bromelain smooths damaged blood platelet surfaces, helps dissolve clots and plaque, helps heal injured endothelial surfaces so more plaque does not form, even helps heal duodenal ulcers and the damaged tissues of acid reflux; and more than one source stated that bromelain is a COX-2/COX-2/5-LOX inhibitor, a selective prostaglandin inhibitor (inhibits only destructive chronic inflammation, not healing acute inflammation), and a blood thinner equal or superior to coumadin but without any side effects. It was also reported that bromelain stimulates production of beneficial digestive biotics and –crucial– that bromelain increases production of the one enzyme which is normally in charge of lysing away vascular fibrinogen, but production of that enzyme declines with age, fibrinogen builds up, captures blood platelets just like a fishing net catches weeds in a pond, and you get clots, hypertension, strokes, heart attacks, capillary damage, reduced oxygen and nutrient flow to cells, etc. Bromelain stimulates production of that enzyme to control fibrinogen properly again. So far, bromelain is the only substance known to do that.
    As a COX-1/COX-2 inhibitor, bromelain replaces ACE inhibitors & calcium channel blockers, safely, moderately. Bromelain also replaces coumadin safely and without side effects. And I no longer have atherosclerosis, arteriosclerosis, edema, ischemia, angina, hypertension, hyperviscosity, joint swelling and pain, acid reflux, CAD, PAD, RLS, or broken veins cropping up (except when I go off bromelain too long).
    That was all open information in 2005. By 2012, censorship of Wikipedia and other sites had been reported, so I checked and, sure enough, that info was no longer on those particular sites in 2012. Wikipedia was limited to stating bromelain was a digestive aid which also reduced joint pain–but Wikipedia did not even say how bromelain did those two things!
    See why I don’t care about reducing hypertension by a few points in a few months with costly olive leaf extract or hormone-disrupting flaxseed, when all I have to do is eat raw pineapple or raw papaya or take inexpensive bromelain supplements for a week or two to fully recover my vascular health? My PCP took me off all prescription drugs and my cardiologist and orthopedist no longer schedule even annual checkups–they say I am doing so well I don’t need them. I do my own housework without chest pain now…so I no longer need a home helper. Independence!
    The only caveats: Bromelain thins blood FAST, so I only take it 4-5 days a week and I take a week off if my finger-pricks clot too slowly. No taper-off period needed. Plus, one authority wrote that bromelain works even better when you eat spinach and other foods that coumadin forbids. So I do. Raw baby spinach salads, citrus, garlic…anything I please.
    Lastly–ir ia SAFE…Bromelain won’t give you brittle bones, cancer, eyesight loss, internal hemorrhage, mental fog, diverticulitis, or any other side effects of coumadin.
    My brother-in-law stayed on coumadin as his doctor ordered. He got coumadin side effects–mental fog, eyesight loss, then skin cancers, brain cancer, hip fracture. The brain fog got worse until he just was not there as a personality any longer. He was taken off life support and left to die at his leisure in July 2013. I started out in worse shape than he was, tried bromelain, and I am in better shape than I was 30 years ago.
    I hope this helps someone.

• yu le says:

Trudy, have you continued on Bromelain treatment since 1/2014 till now 9/2015? if yes, still working to keep hypertension away?

5. Gary LA says:

Thank you ALL for very interesting helpful discussion and information!!! Best healthy wishes to you all!!!!