The Most Important Antioxidant You’ll Ever Need

Gluatathione is the most powerful antioxidant in your body.

Here’s a secret about antioxidants…

They don’t work without one special “master” antioxidant in your body. It’s a simple amino acid. But it’s the most important molecule you need in your body to be healthy.

Yet this amino acid doesn’t get much attention. We’d be shocked if you ever heard of it.

But as science starts to recognize how powerful it is, we know you’ll start hearing more about it—especially from us. It’s that important.

It cleans your body of free radicals and poisons including mercury and other heavy metals. That’s impressive. Very few substances can clear heavy metals out of your body.

If that’s not enough, get this… There’s a link between this antioxidant and a long life. Active, mentally healthy people who live 100 years or more tend to have high levels of this antioxidant in their cells. Some studies even show their levels to be the same as 30-year old healthy adults.1

Clearly, this master antioxidant is your hidden weapon against aging, illness, and cellular damage.

Acetominophen (like Tylenol) is “supposed” to be one of the safest pain-relievers. But it’s actually the leading cause of sudden liver failure in the U.S. You can easily overdose on it if you don’t have enough glutathione in your liver. That’s why emergency room doctors give NAC in IV form to patients who have overdosed on acetaminophen.

It’s called glutathione (pronounced “gloot-a-thigh-own”). When your body makes enough of it, toxins don’t stay around for very long. Glutathione attracts heavy metals and poisons like a magnet. It converts them into harmless compounds and ushers them out of your body.

But if you’re older, stressed, or ill, your levels are probably low. And that stops other antioxidants from doing their job. “Most serious chronic diseases are associated with low levels of glutathione,” says Dr. David Katz at Yale University’s Prevention Research Center.2

Making sure your body has enough may not be as simple as picking up a supplement. Some researchers believe supplementing is useless. It doesn’t make it past your stomach and to the liver where you need it.

The good news is that your body makes glutathione on its own. You can boost your own production with a few fixes.

Your body creates glutathione inside your cells. It uses three other amino acids as building blocks. Those amino acids are cysteine, glycine, and glutamine. Out of the three, cysteine is usually in the shortest supply in your body.

Cysteine by itself works as a supplement. Cysteine helps you quickly restore your levels of glutathione.

Look for the form N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC). Make sure you take it with plenty of vitamin C to prevent kidney stones.

There are also other nutrients that are vital to boosting your levels. Especially selenium, vitamin D3, and B-vitamins. Look for folate (as 5-methyltetrahydrofolate), B6, and B12.

These are very important in helping you create your master antioxidant. The foods you eat are important too.

Sulphur-rich foods boost your levels. Try kale, onions, garlic, cauliflower, and broccoli. Asparagus, peppers, grapefruit, grass-fed beef, and avocados are good choices too.

Raw, fresh vegetables and fruits have much higher amounts than cooked ones.

Increasing your glutathione levels is critical. If you don’t have enough, your liver will lose against free radicals and heavy metals. You may not have heard a lot about it but it’s the one antioxidant that’s more important than the rest.

Health Topic: Anti-Aging | Diet and Nutrition | Longevity

1. Sandra says:

good information

2. Ginger says:

Why can’t you provide the information you are trying to share in the emails you send? You put an enticing subject line and I open the email to get the information, only to realize I have to go to another link to find out more. Then when I open the link the information is either on a different video link or you have to read a long article to just get the name of the supplement. It’s frustrating. Just give me the necessary information in the email you send.

• saber-dance says:

• Lou says:

Ditto . . . Stop playing out those idiotic videos and long worthless dissertations for such a small point. It’s a waste of your time and mine likewise.

• Hi Ginger, thank you for your comment and for opening and reading our Health Watch issues. While we’d like to put all the information we provide in one email, it would end up being too large and too cluttered to send.

We have you click on the link to the free information so you can go to our website where the article is posted with the relevant information you need to make an informed decision. And if you want to get more information or find related health articles, you can do that easily.

We hope you continue reading Health Watch. We appreciate you and hope you continue reading Health Watch.

Thank you for your feedback.

• brent says:

I totaly agree!!

3. Brenda O says:

I have taken Dr. Langer’s glutathione in the past. My immune system is great. I never caught any colds, or coughs from students in my class who were ill. I have now retired and don’t have as much money so I am replacing one product a month. My next purchase will be R-Lipoic Acid and perhaps L methionine. Next month will be L-Glutathione.

Brenda Outland in sunny San Diego.

4. Thank you so much for this wonderful information, with your permission I will broadcast it on my live radio show called To Our Health with Hanne and Sharon each Wednesday live and repeat the following Tuesday on a different internet broadcast
    Hanne Hojsted

5. leonardo says:

I feel the same way as ginger.I got frustrated many times . Its almost like you people are trying to get money from us just like big pharma. How about you tell us what helps us and WE decide if we want to purchase a book or supplement that you are trying to sell

• Hello Leonardo, thanks for your comment. Here’s why we charge for some of our products…

Our beef with Big Pharma isn’t that they charge for what they do. It’s that they don’t deliver much in exchange. It’s the fact that much of what they deliver does more damage than good.

What we deliver really does a lot of good for our readers. Way beyond what we charge for it. The Institute for Natural Healing is not funded by anyone—government, foundation, supplement company. No one.

Our loyal Natural Health Dossier subscribers and report buyers support us because the value they get for their hard-earned dollars far outweighs the price.

Our subscribers know they can depend on us to cover the health issues they want to know about and the ones they must know about.

More important, you won’t find our unique health protocols or reports anywhere else. They’re pulled together from the latest unbiased research and in-depth interviews with leading health experts. They’re not influenced by conventional misinformation and they give you natural solutions you can use right away to get healthier.

We’re committed to helping you be the healthiest you can be. It’s why we also send out a ton of free content that tells you what can help you.

So yes, we do give away a lot for those who can’t afford a subscription or a Premium Report. And we also provide a lot for those who can help support us. We appreciate you all and hope to be here for a long time, making everyone’s lives better.

The decision to be healthier is always yours.

• Jason Lloyd says:

Thank you for the clarity in your explanation of why you may charge for certain products. There’s nothing wrong with sommeone wanting to get compensated fairly for a service they’ve provided which includes time,effort,energy spent(mental or physical)or their own resources. After all that is what our country,considered a free one, was built on. I’d even go as far as to say there’s nothing wrong with an entity getting compensated well beyond what might be considered “fair” as long as the demand calls for it and people are willing..God bless ’em. My point is this- even IF this institute were in it mostly for profit, why begrudge THEM of making good money when they are actually performing a good service HELPING people in the process? To get rich actually helping the human condition is no sin

6. matt Burgess says:

I feel the same as many of the posters above. I feel like INH which I hoped was different has become the same as FDA with money interests only. I see an email which interest me, however when I have to go to another site, then asked to purchase something I get disgusted.

7. This cannot be used as a way to lose weight- says:

I lost all the weight I wanted to lose after bfreaking my hip and losing ny appetite.I weigh 59 kilos now and am sooo very nhappy.I wish there was another way to lose wight, I am sure people will not want to break there hips, it is far away from fun.

8. Maher M. says:

thanks for the article.

i have a question concerning glutathione.

if taking supplements won’t help, what am i supposed to do to boost glutathione in my body?

i’m not sure i found the article clear on what i’m supposed to do, in layman terms.

thanks in advance for suggestions and guidance.