5 Ways to Tap into Your Youth Hormone
Human growth hormone (HGH) is the real “fountain of youth.”
It keeps your skin supple, increases your bone density, and repairs tissues and muscle. And it lowers body fat and makes it easier for you to exercise.1
The good news is that you produce it on your own via your pituitary gland. The bad news is that your body decreases its production of the hormone as you age. But there’s hope…you can ramp it back up with a few simple strategies.
Our favorite five tips are all natural, smart, and safe.
|They say laughter is the best medicine. It also increases HGH. A study from Loma Linda University found that people who watched a funny video had an 87 percent increase in HGH.|
1. Sleep – Getting a good night’s sleep is by far the best—and simplest—way to for raise HGH levels. Poor quality sleep or a lack of sleep significantly lowers your production.2 It’s released in episodic waves about once every ninety minutes while you are in a deep slow wave cycle.3 The strongest wave happens roughly an hour after you fall asleep. If you get 7-8 hours of solid sleep a night, you’ll accumulate enough deep sleep to maximize your production of HGH.
2. Exercise – Along with sleep, consistent exercise is the best way to naturally increase HGH. But not just any exercise—high-intensity interval training. It allows your body to secrete HGH with only 10 to 30 seconds of intense exercise. To do it: Sprint as far and as fast as you can until your heart is pumping and you’re out of breath. Then walk until your heart rate returns to normal. Then sprint again. Then rest. You don’t have to sprint. You can pick any cardio exercise of your choice. Just make sure you have that burst of intensity and then slow down. During your short rests your body produces HGH to repair any damaged muscles.4 Strength training can also help increase HGH. Resistance training using varying weights can help build muscle and bone which helps the release HGH.5
3. Eat Paleo – Insulin suppresses the release of HGH. Try to avoid high-sugar foods and high-glycemic carbs. It is important to maintain a healthy blood sugar level. By inhibiting HGH production your body begins to store fat. Eat several small meals throughout the day to keep your blood sugar stable. Include lots of protein and non-starchy vegetables in every meal. It takes longer for them to breakdown. Protein prevents sugar spikes, helps build muscle, and boosts HGH.
4. Supplement with Glutamine – Glutamine is an amino acid that revs up the immune system. It helps repair muscle and stimulates protein synthesis (muscle growth). Just two grams a day can significantly increase HGH.6 Supplementing will also help you to maintain muscle mass which helps weight management. And a healthy weight is important for the secretion of HGH. Too much body fat lowers your body’s ability to release the hormone.7
5. Don’t Eat Before Bed – Stop eating two hours before bed. Since your body produces the most HGH when you first fall asleep eating right before you go to sleep creates an insulin peak that will suppress its release. If you must eat shortly before bed or if you are hungry eat protein such as chicken, eggs, or avocado. Definitely no carbs.
We all want to stay young. And it is possible to stay younger longer by living a healthy lifestyle. Raising your HGH can help build muscle, lose weight, and rejuvenate your life. And to discover even more ways to naturally ramp up your production of the “fountain of youth” hormone (including the antioxidant 50 times more powerful than vitamin E), click HERE.